We take care of you
In July 2021, for the second consecutive year, we have obtained the "Safe Tourism" certification that guarantees a safe environment against COVID-19 to visitors and employees. "Safe Tourism" is a batch of the Tourism Quality Institute and is issued and coordinated by the Spanish Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism (ICTE). It accredits the implementation of the Health Risk Prevention System against COVID-19, collected in the current health legislation.
- Reduced capacity in all its spaces, in which the minimum safety distance must be complied with.
- Expansion of transit areas to allow a more dynamic flow.
- Access controls to guarantee the maximum permitted capacity; implementation of sanitising material at different points along the route.
- Continuous and controlled air renewal in interior areas. The air is also renewed one hour before and after visiting hours.
- Reinforcement of daily cleaning and disinfection with specific authorised products.
- Elimination of community contact elements and replacement with digital formats.
- Specific training in hygienic-sanitary measures and control mechanisms for the team to avoid contagion.
- Encouragement of card payment and use of the reservation centre.
- Signposting of the minimum safety distance and direction of routes to maintain the minimum necessary space between visitors.
Large open-air spaces
In addition, halfway along the route is the Jungle, an impressive open-air roof garden that teleports the visitors to the Amazon jungle.
Recommendations inside Palma Aquarium
- Comply with the rules on the obligatory use of face masks.
- Keep a safe distance, follow the indicated passage flows and respect the capacity limitations and assigned shifts.
- Do not touch aquariums or information screens.
- Throughout your visit, practice good hand hygiene and make use of the hydroalcoholic gel dispensers.
- Wherever possible, please pay by credit card.
**Palma Aquarium informs you that the special COVID-19-related measures may undergo changes or be modified according to the regulations of the Balearic Islands or the Spanish Government.